SMITHERS – The BC Wildfire Service is implementing an Area Restriction Order within the Nadina Fire Zone. The size of the area restriction reflects the continued need to protect the public and first responders in areas where there are ongoing fire suppression activities.
This Order will take effect on Friday, Aug. 4, 2023, at 12 p.m. (PDT) and remain in force until Aug. 31, 2023, at 12 p.m. (PDT) unless otherwise rescinded.
The Peacock Creek Area Restriction Order encompasses fire R21178 and applies to crown land within the geographic boundary outlined below.
- North from Point A (54° 16.142′, -126° 38.607′) approximately 1.1 km up the Balsam FSR along the western boundary of Parcels PART: See PIN2265060, 15456218, PART: See PIN2230010, 007496184, 007496192, 007496206 to Point B (54° 17.273′, -126° 38.606′).
- West along Parcel 007870965 to Point C (54° 17.273′, -126° 38.976′).
- North from Point C along the western edge of Parcels 007870965, 007870973, 007870990, 007871007 to Point D (54° 17.696′, -126° 38.975′).
- East from Point D along the northern edge of Parcels 007871007 to Point E (54° 17.696′, -126° 38.562′) at the east side of Buck Flats Right-of-Way.
- North along the west side of Buck Flats Road from Point E to Point F (54° 20.385′, -126° 39.360′) at the junction of Buck Flats Road and East Peacock Connecter (road permit ID 9951-06).
- West along the East Peacock Connector from Point F to Point G (54° 21.749′, -126° 47.259′) at the junction of Morice FSR and Peacock East Branch 5 (road permit ID 9951-05).
- Southwest from Point G to Point H (54° 21.516′, -126° 47.898′) at the junction of Morice FSR and Peacock Creek West FSR (road permit ID 9951-01).
- South from Point H to Point I (54° 18.701′, -126° 47.222′) at 172.01 degrees for 5.27 km.
- Southeast from Point I to Point J (54° 17.776′, -126° 46.632′) at 159.55 degrees for 1.83 km.
- South from Point J to Point K (54° 15.950′, -126° 46.902′) at 184.94 degrees for 3.40 km.
- Southeast from Point K to Point L (54° 15.547′, -126° 45.424′) at 114.94 degrees for 1.77 km.
- East from Point L to Point M (54° 15.791′, -126° 41.994′) at the junction of Carrier FSR Branch 5 (road permit ID 9772-05) and access road to TA0100 (road permit ID R22165-05) at 83.00 degrees for 3.74 km.
- East from Point M to Point A (54° 15.991′, -126° 38.402′) at 80.00 degrees for 3.75 km.
For a map of the affected area click here.
Under this Order and section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
(a) Travelling to or from his or her residence, that is not under an evacuation order;
(b) Traveling to or from leased property for the purposes of accessing a secondary residence or recreational property, that is not under an evacuation order;
(c) Travelling as person acting in an official capacity;
(d) Traveling for the purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities;
(e) Using a highway as defined in the Highway Act, and,
(f) Engaging and/or participating in agricultural activities pertaining to livestock management on private or leased property.
Failure to comply with Section 11 restricted area requirements may result in a violation ticket for $1,150.
To report a wildfire, unattended campfire or open burning violation, call 1-800-663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cell phone or through the BC Wildfire Service mobile app.
Follow the latest wildfire news:
Nadina Complex Information Team
BC Wildfire Service