Thank you for your interest in the Employment and Assistance Worker position with the Ministry of Social Development!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where can I find more information about the role of an EAW?
You can find out more about the role of an Employment Assistant Worker by going to our website.
2. What is the salary range for the Employment and Assistance Worker position?
The EAW Position is a “Growth Position” which means the compensation levels are progressive through an eight level pay grid based on pre-determined criteria and levels of experience. The salary range is from $38,588.68 to $49,015.79 annually.
3. Is a Criminal Record Check required for an EAW position?
Yes. The requirement to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) is based on the requirements of the position. If you are offered an EAW position you will be asked to complete the appropriate CRC paperwork.
4. How do I submit my profile/resume?
Check out How to Apply on the Employment Opportunities Website or watch our video for a step by step guide.
5. How do I update my profile and resume in the Recruitment System?
Check out How to Apply on the Employment Opportunities Website or visit our video for a step by step guide.
6. I have recently moved and my contact information has changed, whom should I notify?
Please access the Career Centre on our employment opportunities website and please update your resume and profile with your current information.
7. Do I have to wait a certain period of time before I can re-apply?
No each posting is considered a new intake process. Please note if you failed the online pre-employment test you must wait 6 months before re-applying.
8. What is the online pre-employment test?
This is an online skills assessment candidates are given 2 hours to complete. It measures analytical thinking abilities, applicants’ ability to solve problems and job-relevant personality traits related to the ministry’s core competencies.
9. Are candidates provided information to study for the online pre-employment test?
10. Does the online pre-employment test also test for Word, Excel or other computer applications?
11. If I fail the online pre-employment test, can I re-apply?
You must wait 6 months following your unsuccessful result before applying to a new posting.
12. I am having difficulty using the BC Public Service recruitment system, who should I contact?
Please click here to access our help resources.
Thank you for your interest in the Employment and Assistance Worker position with the Ministry of Social Development.
Contact Us for questions on this process, please leave us a message by clicking on the title of this blog. We will be happy to provide you with a response (note: your message will not be posted to this site).
Our Career Advisors are also available Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm PST.
Thank you and please continue to visit this site for further updates.
The EAW Recruitment Team
The Hiring Centre
BC Public Service Agency